Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OneDrive Win10

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Txanquility

Txanquility

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:23 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to login to a O365 account on Windows 10 that is provided from my place of work (a college). However upon login to the pre-installed OneDrive client, it says the Microsoft account does not exist?

Is there a fix for this or do I need OneDrive for business installed?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to login to a O365 account on Windows 10 that is provided from my place of work (a college). However upon login to the pre-installed OneDrive client, it says the Microsoft account does not exist?

Thanks

Most likely it's that they have the Pro version.  Don't know whether colleges are prohibited from using the free version or not.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:13 AM

I think this link explains it quite clearly.

https://support.office.com/en-ca/article/What-is-OneDrive-for-Business-187f90af-056f-47c0-9656-cc0ddca7fdc2

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Txanquility

Txanquility
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Most likely it's that they have the Pro version.  Don't know whether colleges are prohibited from using the free version or

Hi,

Thanks

Most likely it's that they have the Pro version.  Don't know whether colleges are prohibited from using the free version or not.

I'm not trying to use the free version, we have an active O365 subscription, I'm just wondering why I can't login using that account on the built in OneDrive

Still unsure as to why I cannot login using an business O365 account on the built in OneDrive, surely they would make it accessible for business users also?

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

Are you using an account they provide you, or your personal Microsoft account?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/office-365-subscribers-now-have-access-to-1-tb-of-onedrive-storage/

You sign in to Office365.com using your corporate credentials to access the web-based management tools.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 Txanquility

Txanquility
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

Are you using an account they provide you, or your personal Microsoft account?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/office-365-subscribers-now-have-access-to-1-tb-of-onedrive-storage/

You sign in to Office365.com using your corporate credentials to access the web-based management tools.

I'm using a provided School O365 account which gives you 1TB the same as a business user.

Using a personal OneDrive (example@outlook.com) works fine using the built-in app. When I try using my School one it says 'This account does not exist' when infact it does, as I can login using the web interface with the same account.

Hope that clears it up a bit

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:41 PM

Most likely because the client isn't configure properly to point at the server where your account is. That would be my guess.

Also:

Another difference is that the OneDrive client is built into Windows 8 (including RT and the 8.1 updates), but you’ll need to deploy the OneDrive for Business sync client to users. Or, you could provide instructions for downloading it, as they’ll likely want it on devices (like iPads, Android phones and, eventually, Macs) that you probably aren’t deploying apps to directly.

http://blog.pluralsight.com/microsoft-onedrive-for-business

Edited by Aura, 11 August 2015 - 01:42 PM.

unite_blue.png

#8 Txanquility

Txanquility
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

Most likely because the client isn't configure properly to point at the server where your account is. That would be my guess.

Also:

Another difference is that the OneDrive client is built into Windows 8 (including RT and the 8.1 updates), but you’ll need to deploy the OneDrive for Business sync client to users. Or, you could provide instructions for downloading it, as they’ll likely want it on devices (like iPads, Android phones and, eventually, Macs) that you probably aren’t deploying apps to directly.

http://blog.pluralsight.com/microsoft-onedrive-for-business

Thanks for the help Aura, I tried downloading the OneDrive for Business app but it doesn't install, due to me having Office 2013 installed.. hmm back to the drawing board!

We use OneDrive for student storage across site and so the integrated app would have been useful for when we migrate to Win 10

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

So you would have to uninstall Office 2013, and install Office 365 with OneDrive for Business I guess.

Good luck :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users