Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech keyboard not working with windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:33 AM

Hi,

I have just upgraded to free version of windows 10 - now my Logitech MX5000 keyboard doesn't work, I am using my iPad to post this.

I can use mouse and connect to Internet, but when you start looking for solutions it suggests typing in start box - which obviously limited things you can perform with just the mouse

Please help me solve the issue as I like the look of windows 10 and can't wait to start using it to the full potential.
Many thanks
Tania 😀

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:00 AM

Follow these steps in order...

Before you start go to control panel, programs and features....and see if Logitech Set Point is installed.

If so.....Uninstall it.

- Restart PC 

- Unplug Replug the USB receiver

- Install Logitech Setpoint Software for the Windows 10 here; http://support.logitech.com/product/mx-revolution

Be sure to choose either 32bit or 64 bit....as per your system..if unsure go to control panel>>> system.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Middleleaze

Middleleaze

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:40 AM

Follow these steps in order...

Before you start go to control panel, programs and features....and see if Logitech Set Point is installed.

If so.....Uninstall it.

- Restart PC 

- Unplug Replug the USB receiver

- Install Logitech Setpoint Software for the Windows 10 here; http://support.logitech.com/product/mx-revolution

Be sure to choose either 32bit or 64 bit....as per your system..if unsure go to control panel>>> system.

Unfortunately that location explains "No software available".  Further examination of the Logitech Forum shows that many people are complain ing that setpoint does not work with Windows 10 for them and so Logitech have removed the software whilst they work on a fix.

Edited by Middleleaze, 24 August 2015 - 02:40 AM.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:03 AM

I have lodged a ticket with Logitech.

The reason I had those instructions at hand...was that I have a Logitech MX Revolution Mouse which was erratic as all hell !....and still is....the updates msft pumped out a few days ago appear to be the culprit for me....then again it may just be windows X in general

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

I just found this guide to turn off msft's ability to 'upgrade' drivers.

I am going to install logitechs driver and set point of rmy mouse again and i have already applied the setting shown in the link.

Maybe this will help

https://www.maketecheasier.com/disable-driver-updates-windows/

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:42 PM

I had a mouse 'freeze' some time after doing this......

back to the drawing board.

Still waiting for a response form Logitech

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users