Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there something wrong with my topic?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maxonnxc

maxonnxc

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

I was wondering why my topic has not had 1 reply it been 3 weeks sense i posted it. i see 194 views, but no has replied to help me or can not help me  Kinda feeling alone and left out on this topic.

If no one knows how to fix my problem at least post a reply so i know.

I have a paid $300+usd or more i forget for this  monitor an i can not even get the full use it

link to my topic

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583857/acer-t272hl-bmidz-27-inch-touch-screen/

thx

Edited by maxonnxc, 10 August 2015 - 11:52 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:59 AM

Perhaps a bit more info to start...... Are you running Win 8??

Trying to get the touch screen working i do not want to use the wrong usb port idk if it might hurts my monitor or my pc

Extremely unlikely you would cause any damage by using any of the USB ports you have available.

Your monitor is a bit unique to say the least. Out of all the Bleeping Computer users that might have/use that monitor, you may very well be the only one.

A fair number of posts here receive high viewing numbers, but many of the other viewers, myself included, have little or no knowledge about your issue.

Lots of views & little or no answers.

Hopefully your re-posting after 3 weeks may catch the eye of someone who can be of help. Also, you might want to see if Acer support can assist:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#3 LFos42

LFos42

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:41 PM

hmmmm... I see replies to your post on that link.... but yes, i'm viewing it with others and if I don't have something of value to add, I don't post, so don't take it personally.  I know nothing about your monitor.  I'd recommend you contact whoever you bought it from, or the Acer website or whatever. like others have said..the way I read your instructions, you do this sequence: . you chose one type of video cable (VGA, DVI or HDMI) . then it says the USB and audio are optional cables, so you might start without them the first time since it's stressing you out. you can always add them later.  then connect the power cord and power adapter and plug it into the wall outlet. and then.... power on the monitor and then... power on the computer.

and what happens? do you get a picture but no touch response? does it stay black?

the USB is optional, so leave it out to start. all high powered usb ports (USB 3) are backward compatible with USB 2.0 so you're ok there.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

I was wondering why my topic has not had 1 reply it been 3 weeks sense i posted it. i see 194 views, but no has replied to help me or can not help me ...

The statement that a topic had so many views where no one chose to reply or provide help is not completely valid.

To elaborate on what viewed (views) actually means. Any one of the thousands of members and guests at this site during that time could have read your topic. In many cases, its likely they looked just out of curiosity. Only a small percentage of our volunteer staff have the qualifications and expertise to respond to a given topic subject matter. Non-registered members can only view topics...they cannot make any replies at all. Your topic can and would be viewed by anyone who happens to pass over it, stops to open it and reads your comments whether they are qualified or not. Thus, views are not quantifiable as potential assistance, only an indicator that someone looked at the topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users