Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weather App

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:00 PM

is totally useless. Don't know where the forecast comes from but it is way off...not even close to other forecasts. I fact, the current conditions are usually way off.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:01 PM

Not for me, it's OK.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:04 PM

Think I just figured it out. When I click on it after not having used it for a day or so, it gives old/incorrect data. If I close it and re-open, the data is good. Something is still wrong though because I should not have to manually refresh the data this way.

#4 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:18 PM

Maybe it wasn't designed to be a real time app. Maybe Microsoft will release that feature in an update.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

Maybe it wasn't designed to be a real time app. Maybe Microsoft will release that feature in an update.

No, it is real time. Just noticed the same happens with the Financial app. Just opened it and got Fri results. Closed/re-opened and it had today's numbers. A real PITA. There is probably a setting somewhere I need to change but who knows what and where? 

#6 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:55 AM

Doing some more research and see where Bing apps are prone to various bugs exactly like and similar to my experience. MS offers a few suggested fixes which I am going to try. Will let you know if anything works.

#7 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:42 AM

Just got a tip from another forum which helps a lot. After opening the app (weather or financial), click on the home button and screen refreshes. Much easier than closing/reopening.

Edited by Artbuc, 17 August 2015 - 03:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users