Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 upgrade doesn't start

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chris030

Chris030

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

Hey,

So today I wanted to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10. I also reserved my Windows 10.

I startet the "Get Windows 10" App, everything is okay then I click on "Let's get started". Since then I'm still in the "Get Windows 10" App/Window with the message "Please wait" while some white dots are going in circle above the message. I think nearly 30mins passed, if not more, and I'm still at the same stage...

I own an Acer Aspire 5755G with all updates installed.

I hope someone can help me..

P.S.: I hope you understand where my problem is. I own a french version of Windows 7 so I have to translate what I see in English.

Edited by Chris030, 10 August 2015 - 03:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,044 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:03 PM

Any movement yet?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 johntom

johntom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

Hey dear Same Problem Occur in my Laptom system..is Window 10 is user friendly?

#4 Chris030

Chris030
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

Any movement yet?

I left my laptop alone for 3 hours and it was still on that window...

#5 Chris030

Chris030
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:57 PM

Problem solved. I checked for updates and didn't find anything.

I just shut my laptop down. On the next day, I had to restart until the windows update found some more updates to do.

Today I did the update and everything seems to run good so far

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,044 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

The insane mysteries of Windows 10......very little/no rhyme or reason.....severe frustration in many areas.  And when it is "fixed"....there is no explanation......just "magic" !

(there is another word for it....but I will not use it here.....I'm sure you get my drift....)

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 Chris030

Chris030
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:05 PM

Yeah...

And somehow it got rid of my Kaspersky antivirus software? Can't find it anymore...

Does someone know anything?

#8 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:24 PM

Windows has to uninstall the AV so that it can install the upgrade. Sometimes it puts it back. Sometimes it doesn't. You may have to re-download.

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:27 PM

Windows has to uninstall the AV so that it can install the upgrade. Sometimes it puts it back. Sometimes it doesn't. You may have to re-download.

I don't think it's true. Windows doesn't uninstall any program when it upgrades, it transfers them (so there's no reinstallation). If a program dissapear, it means that Windows wasn't able to transfer it properly, so you'll have to reinstall it.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#10 Chris030

Chris030
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:17 AM

I don't think it's true. Windows doesn't uninstall any program when it upgrades, it transfers them (so there's no reinstallation). If a program dissapear, it means that Windows wasn't able to transfer it properly, so you'll have to reinstall it.

Thanks, good to know why it can happen! I'll do that.

Two other questions:

• is it normal that I always have to activate my numlock when my pc boots? (not a big deal but just asking as it wasn't like that with Windows 7)
  • Everytime I get to my desktop a message pops up: "The actual dolby audio version is 7.2.8000.17 but the version needed is 7.2.7000.4. Please install the driver and the compatible software." How to fix that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users