Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple BSOD's led to a crippling Startup Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pip_Squeak

Pip_Squeak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I usually have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to fixing any kind of software or hardware issue in computers. So if anyone does have a solution, please explain it as if you were talking to a toddler. 

Anyway, on to my issue. For a couple weeks, my computer would randomly crash into a BSOD with a message saying that it was dumping physical memory in order to prevent further damage or something like that. Then it would restart and boot up like normal. This continued for a about two or three weeks, sometimes it would crash into a BSOD two or three times a day. This had been occuring for a while up until this morning when I was watching YouTube and then it crashed into a BSOD that scrolled down quickly before it went black (this was atypical because it would usually just crash into a static blue screen. So, my computer starts up again and this time I get message saying that the start up program now contained invalid files and I wouldn't be able to start my computer normally until the problem was rectified. 

Now, I know I need to use the startup repair option in the windows recovery environment but I can't get to it. My internal disk drive is broken so I got an external one. I don't if thats an issue but I'm just putting that out there. So now I can't boot up  my computer normally whatsoever. All I get is the error screen and when I press "Enter" it just restarts my computer.

If anyone has any kind of help they can offer, I'd be very very grateful. If anyone needs anymore information that I didn't provide already, then let me know and I'll try my best to clarify and get the information you need. 

Please help. I really don't want to go out and get a new hard drive and operating system.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

If you don't understand our suggestions, please ask for us to explain it further.
As for me, I try to make all my suggestions as simple as following the steps line-by-line

If you don't understand a line - just ask me to explain it more :0)

For starters, please start by running these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

This'll work for Win7 and earlier - so let us know if you have Windows 8 or later

Also let us know the make and model of your system.

In order to get to the Startup Repair option you'll either have to get the system to do it (by rebooting during the boot process 3 times), or by using a repair/installation disk.

Do you have one of those?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users