Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inncorect Fix Using Farbar Recovery scan tool.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 PhilipMoore1953

PhilipMoore1953

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:41 PM

Upon scanning my windows 10 OS using Farbar I recieved and reviewed the FRST.txt. After removing what I believed to be errors I then asked Farbar to Fix my issues.

The result of me making these changes via Farbar My computer is now in a non bootable state.

I've tried to use SFC /scannow and I'm getting a message stating that there is a Windows repair pending.

Can you help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

That tool is not a toy,this is why staff and MRT are allowed to help. I'm exeperienced user and i know how to use it. Farbar isn't responsible for any mistake you made ,neither sUBs.

#3 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

Yes, only use those kind of tools if you really are 114% sure that you know what you are doing.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

What kind of smiley face is that when we're talking about this...  :hysterical:

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:18 PM

I don't know, i just put random one :bubbles:

#6 PhilipMoore1953

PhilipMoore1953
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

Thank all of you for confirming the fact that I don't know what I'm doing using Farbar. That doesn't answer my question if any of the experts here are able to help?

#7 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

Hello,

Since your computer is unbootable, you will need elevated help.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Regards,
Alex

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:32 PM

To all those who made meaningless comments...rather than doing what Alex did...please don't waste cyberspace by making such.  If you cannot help...then direct the member to an appropriate source of help.