Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 update problem for Lenovo X201 Tablet (ISD driver)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

After several minutes into the update I got the message that the ISD driver must be uninstalled! Why it couldn't tell me that before when checking my system for the update is a MS glitch I think. I stopped the update.

This driver is for the touch screen in tablet mode I think so will that facility not work in Win 10 or will there be a Win 10 ISD driver?

I cannot find out from the Lenovo support sites but from Googling 'Win 10 update for ISD driver' I got the Lenovo page link http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds041384 which I don't understand.

Can anyone please enlighten me on this matter - thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 619 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

It relates to WinTab which is for pen pressure - nothing about ISD driver - this is my non understanding.

#3 jlmartinjr

jlmartinjr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

I too have a X201 Tablet with Touch,  I was hoping that Win 10 would bring it back into being one of my goto computers.  I started testing the Technical previews on the machine and I was shocked that it worked so well with everything,  and it being such an early build.  I am not sure which build I was going from/to when I lost my touch and my bluetooth,  If I could get these back to working it would be a really good machine.

I am using a clean install of the released version of win 10,  I did notice that it named my machine DESKTOP.......

I was wondering since it thought the machine was a desktop that it would not install the touch or bluetooth

#4 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 619 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

I can't comment on your experience as I've not yet tried to complete the update on my X201 to Win 10. I'm waiting to see if other X201 users have anything to say about their experiences.

I presume you haven't come across anything to match yours.

#5 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:03 PM

Hi,

You didn't say what version of Windows you upgraded from.  But, it you upgraded from Windows7/8 the upgrade might have grabbed the wrong driver for your ISD.  Good news is for the next year, Microsoft has stated that all Win10 hardware devices will be using Win8.1 drivers, so it appears that it should work.

Try this:

1) Backup all your personal information to external media prior to starting this attempt

2) Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus program and any other security software such as popup blockers and personal firewalls.

3) Go to Installed Programs in Control Panel and uninstall the driver software if listed; if not listed, go to Device Manager in Control Panel and uninstall the ISD driver.

4). Reapply the newly downloaded driver you linked to in your original post and reinstall driver.  It's listed for both 8.1 & 10 so it should work.

If this fails, you might have other problems, and I would keep working with Lenovo Tech Support.  They may have you update your BIOS to the latest version; this sometimes will solve this type of problem.  However, it's a high-risk maneuver if you've never done it before, even with a Tech helping you over the phone.  So, if you agree to let them try it or you try on your own, don't be surprised if you brick your Motherboard and have to replace it at $175-$400!

Let us know if that fixes it!

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

#6 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 619 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:33 AM

Thanks for that - I'll keep it in mind.

I have updated an oldish netbook yesterday from Win 7 to 10 to try it out and found that I don't need or will use all its 'fabulous' apps and as I use Chrome OS it's just like using Win 7 as usual. So the only advantage for me is that Win 10 will be supported way past the Win 7 end date.

I have found that emailing my Outlook email address doesn't work and having to get a code and wait for a phone call for it to access my MS account a pain in my equilibrium. Perhaps there's a work around that.

As for my X201 I'll wait ( up to next year) until I decide to work on its update.

Edited by zzzz, 13 August 2015 - 04:35 AM.

#7 jlmartinjr

jlmartinjr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:44 AM

I still have not been able to get touch to work properly,  wondering if anyone has had any luck with it??

Also from time to time the wireless will not be detected when I restart the machine, and Bluetooth has not been detected in some while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users