I am hoping you guys can direct me in the right direction for my first build. I put some parts together a while back but never got around to completing. I know the video card set-up isn't the best but kind of strapped for cash right now so don't want to break the bank on this.
My needs are: heavy multi-tasking (tons of windows open with youtube/e-mail/pixlr/outlook/soundcloud/etc.). Heavy Excel/adobe .pdf usage. Gaming (assassins creed, need for speed). I will hook up the tower to a plasma tv I already have. Here are the parts I have followed by the parts I need to go with what I've already got. Please let me know if you want an exact budget number but the cheapest I can go and still accomplish the aforementioned is what I'm hoping to achieve. Thanks in advance!!!!
What I've got:
1. BUFFALO MiniStation Stealth 1TB Portable HDD External Hard drive (storing data here)
2. Crucial 256GB SATA SSD 6Gb/s (boot from here)
3. TWO disk drivers: 1 blu-ray, and 1 non blu-ray disk driver
4. TWO graphics cards: Nvidia GT545DE OEM 1 gig each x 2 = 2 gig total http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-545-oem-gddr5
What I need:
1/2/3. CPU/Motherboard(with ethernet)/case Combo with enough room to accomodate the two cards.
4. Memory (how much do I need?!)
5. Cooling (can I stick with the standard case cooling-my room in the east coast gets hot)?
6. Power (based on vid card: Maximum graphics card power = 105W)?? No idea how to proceed on this- any input appreciated.
If there's already a steal of a deal on a readymade machine that you think may be a better route than continuing this please let me know!
Thanks to all the gurus in advance!!
Edited by AVKS, 10 August 2015 - 12:19 AM.