Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Radeon 7000 Problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wardy

wardy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:38 AM

hi
just installed a new cpu +mobo, i've posted other problems elsewhere in the appropriate sections (many thanks to agrarianmonk). problem i'm having is when i install the graphics card and software, my monitor says NO SUPPORT and won't let me view anything. mobo is ABIT UL8 cpu is AMD 64 3200+
any help greatly appreciated
wardy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:07 AM

Try reseating your memory and cards (removed them then reinsert them). Do the fans come on when you turn the computer on?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 wardy

wardy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:44 AM

i got the radeon card brand new and put it in my old mobo and i still got the same message. all the fans are working fine. when i uninstall all the radeon software and put in an old graphics card the problem goes away. my pc is very slow and the graphics are on a poor resolution
thanks in advance
wardy

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:31 AM

It sounds like you have a bad graphics card. Can you try it in another computer to verify.

#5 wardy

wardy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:00 AM

tried it in another pc and it seems the card is duff any suggestions on a good card that's compatible with the mobo (ABIT UL8)
thanks
wardy

#6 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:19 AM

Radeon 7000, hrrrmmm. That card comes in AGx2/4 and just standerd PCI. If you're using AGP I could reccomend a card such as Asus GeForce MX 4000 or if you're looking for a PCI card you could get something like this Diamond Stealth S80 Radeon 9200se. Both should help your computer in basic things such as movies and flash animations.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#7 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:21 AM

I am still in love with my P-III with a PCI 64MB nVidia MX 400. I have heard very good things about the 7000 series nVidia cards, but cannot speak from experience. That is what I am looking at for the computer I am going to build my daughter for Christmas.

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:29 AM

If you are straped for money try this site, shipping is included in the price.

http://justdeals.stores.yahoo.net/videocard.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users