Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant access computer properties

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gferraria14

gferraria14

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

Whenever I try opening my computer properties (Right click computer> Properties) the window opens but then freezes and windows explorer crashes before I can do anything. I've tried all means of getting to it like using run and searching wei in the start menu but they all end the same way. I've also tried using the system scan on cmd prompt which didnt fix anything. Also, i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i am also unable to open videos, the same thing happens but with windows media player and pictures just do nothing when i click on them. (If they arent related i will open a new thread for it). I have an HP Pavilion g7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eddie7

Eddie7

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

Hmm, that's weird. Have you tried restarting your computer?

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:01 AM

Did you try right-clicking a video or picture and clicking open with... then select windows media player?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 gferraria14

gferraria14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM