Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Create snapshot of PC configuration

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NotionCommotion

NotionCommotion

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

Just installed fresh Windows 10.  Did so using a single partition.  Maybe a bad idea?

When things start going slow, would like to revert to this version.  Obviously My Documents and other sections will be different.

I would like to be able to go back to this basic configuration, but not have to reinstall everything.

Recommendations?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

Imaging Software: http://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2014/08/14/11-free-programs-back-stuff-windows

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 NotionCommotion

NotionCommotion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:20 PM

Have you used any of them and do you recommend any?  Thanks

#4 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

Aomei Backupper, Macrium Reflect & EaseUs are quite popular. Others listed may also do a good job for you. You certainly could try more than just one. Any image you create should be saved on some sort of external media. Having the backup image on your primary internal hard drive would be of no use to you if the drive fails.

I've used the 3 mentioned at one time or another over the past. What I may like is no given that you would also.

I'm sure that others will post some feedback regarding their preferred backup imaging software.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:45 PM

or, you can burn yourself a spare copy of windows 10 from HERE 

(dvd or usb ....32 bit or 64 bit)

You would then need to reinstate your documents, pics etc from a backup software that supports individual file and folder backup, such as Aomei Backupper

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT EXCLUSIVELY... NO DUAL BOOT, NO VIRTUAL MACHINE

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users