Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minecraft freezes in Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

When I start up Minecraft, it freezes in the Mojang screen every time and the top bar says Not responding. It never did this in Windows 7 and it is getting annoying. I have the latest Java and graphics drivers installed. What is going on? I'm not using the Minecraft Windows 10 edition but the regular PC version.

Edited by gigawert, 09 August 2015 - 02:49 PM.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

Try the beta version for Windows 10.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 philfil

philfil

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

I have Minecraft on my computer (Windows 7, 64 bit) and when I upgraded to Windows 10 it worked fine. I never use it, but it is used all the time by my grandson. There have been no deliberate upgrades to this version of Minecraft since it was bought several years ago. There is a a Windows 10 version but we haven't downloaded it.

The possiblity that it woudn't work was a serious worry prior to upgrading to Windows 10 as my Grandson is a very enthusiastice Minecraft user. (Having written all that, I am now back on Windows 7, for different reasons!)

#4 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

Try the beta version for Windows 10.

Do you mean the Windows 10 edition or is there a beta for the regular PC version?

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

Never mind, it just takes a lot longer to start up in Windows 10. But it works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users