Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 mail won't sync

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Garfielduk

Garfielduk

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

I have upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 and mail sync was working previously but problem with downloading mails from PlusNet in the UK.

My gmail account syncs ok, I have checked all the settings are okay from my email provider and they are ok. Spoke to plusnet about it and they said that all was ok at their end and that if settings are fine there is no reason it should not work. Any ideas anybody ?

Thanks if you have

Gary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 j9ksf

j9ksf

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

Same here, Gary. I use BT on my Windows phone which works good. I've tried everything to no avail to get BT mail synced with my laptop - it was okay on W 8.1. I've read somewhere that an update will be issued in about a week that should resolve the issue.

The error code I get is 0x8007271d, and yesterday 6 people had requested an answer without a reply.

Edited by j9ksf, 10 August 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#3 Garfielduk

Garfielduk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

ok thanks, nice to know its not just me, maybe a general occurring problem in Windows 10 then hopefully. Once again Microsoft issue software without testing properly, par for the course :(

#4 j9ksf

j9ksf

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

Hi Gary,

Log on to Outlook.com - all your mail should be there as it was in W 8.1. However, the app is still not syncing.

#5 Garfielduk

Garfielduk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:14 AM

I've given with this Windows Mail, utter rubbish as usual from Microsoft's untested stuff. Installed Mozilla Thunderbird email, simple, does what you want, in fact excellent all round so far.

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users