Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Problum! =(

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fozzy69

Fozzy69

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:00 AM

it happend about a week ago.... i restarted my computer, (costom built) when it starts.. it usually reads all the stuff connected to it (e.g. hard drive, processer...) first it it says it the processor and then continues ( if you have a costom comp. you know what i mean)... but now it stops there... thats all it reads, justthe processor... what could of caused this? all the lights blink on my hardware such as cd-rom, dvd-rom. but my card reader (witch i dont think should blink until it fully started) but my floppy drive dont blink or make that sound. idk if it should yet in the boot.... or not. mabey its after it reads the processor... i dont know. but it says my processor and thats it. i cont hit del. to enter set up or f11 or nothing. please help.

please send me e-mail. i will check mail more often.

Removed member's email address to protect from Spambots

THANK YOU

*Fozzy*

Edited by acklan, 13 July 2006 - 02:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:15 AM

How old is the computer? Have you changed the CMOS (motherboard) battery? Have you atleast removed the battery to reset the BIOS? When you say there is nothing after the processor, does that mean it goes blank, or freezes?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Fozzy69

Fozzy69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:22 AM

hmm.. i try removing the battary. and well... the computers is quite new. it even has SLI and all. i cant think of the name.. (its an msi board) i have a amd athlon 3500+.. so its all quite new and up to date,.... very nice set up. and well.. it show the phonix symbol.. at the top and some more words.. then its starte sthe boot up. its show s the processor... then stops... i assume frezzes.. i cant hit not buttons... so ya.

*Fozzy*

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:25 AM

Try F2 at startup.

#5 Fozzy69

Fozzy69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:28 AM

hmm.... ok. idk why that would do.. but im sure you know more than me. so ill give it a wack. could it be a hard-drive crash or something.... becasue it was actung alil weiord berfor all this happened. could i just reformat if worse comes to worse?

do you got aim. it would be easier to talk.

*Fozzy*

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:37 AM

I have an account but I am at work and they will not allow me to use it (Blocked). We have a chat room, and members all over the world. You may find someone to interact with there. If not post again and we will continue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/chat.php

#7 Fozzy69

Fozzy69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:43 AM

lol. i was there about 30 min agoll no one responded to me. so ya. but..... i will try the battery thing. other wise.. if that dont work... what do you suggest?

*Fozzy*

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:05 AM

Try to reseat the memory modules and cards. Have you added any hardware lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users