Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon MX435 "offline" even though it's on and connected wirelessly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GavBelfast

GavBelfast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:47 AM

Hi all,

This is my first post.

My Canon MX435 has been working well with various laptops since I installed it about three years ago.

However, I tried to print something yesterday and nothing happened.

So, I reconnected it to my wireless hotspot using WPS.

I thought that would solve the problem but, when I tried to print, my laptop said the printer was Offline.

I printed-off the Network Configuration Page, but it is far too technical for me.  The only thing that perhaps looks out of place is where it says WEP Key Length: Inactive.

Has anyone any idea why this has suddenly happened, and what I can do to solve the problem?

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:11 PM

This page from the Canon site may be of help :-

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mx435_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

If connecting using the WPS method won't work, try the standard method and check that the printer has the correct wi-fi security code entered into it. On some of these Canons it can be a bit of a pain if your security code includes upper and lower case and integers. The last time I linked up one of these I spent more time working out how to change keyboards than it - eventually - took to enter the code.

One final point. There is a suggestion that you are using WEP as your security standard. Unless you have some seriously old equipment on this network you would be better converting to the WPA-PSK2 standard, it's more secure. Of course you would have to change the access code on ALL equipments on this network.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

My mom had a similar issue with her printer just last week.  When I went over to check it out- Turns out one of her ink cartridges was low and wanted her to 'acknowledge' this by pressing OK on the printer's LCD screen.  I rebooted the printer and again got the message about low ink I pressed ' OK ' and the printer was no longer ' offline ' when she tried to print a black and white page.  Maybe you have a similar issue.

#4 GavBelfast

GavBelfast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:26 AM

Sorted!

Thank you very much for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users