Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation linux

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 RAMIA

RAMIA

• Members
  • 329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

IN Operating diskimage of linux VIA USB stick, how can install remote control to get halp to installation of linux?
IT'S A possible from there to browse via firefox.
thanks.

I am for peace

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:12 AM

Hi Ramia and welcome to Bleeping Computer :welcome:

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you wanting to use a USB to boot your computer, with something like UnetBootin?

http://unetbootin.github.io/

Edited by Al1000, 09 August 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

I think you are asking if you can use Firefox to access the internet via. your LiveLinuxUSB?  Yes, you can!

To make a LiveLinuxUSB follow Al000's link above.

Good luck we are here to help!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:15 AM

IN Operating diskimage of linux VIA USB stick, how can install remote control to get halp to installation of linux?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I think the OP wants somebody access his PC via something like Team Viewer and do the install for him.

#5 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:00 AM

@NickAu

I think the OP wants somebody access his PC via something like Team Viewer and do the install for him.

I concur.

@RAMIA

IT'S A possible from there to browse via firefox.
thanks.

You are difficult to understand. I am guessing you speak Lithuanian? If using a translator, keep sentences simple, and use common wordings, like I am doing. Use Google Translate.

I think you are asking:
How to enable remote desktop connections on a live system, so that another person can perform the install?
Is it possible to use Mozilla Firefox as the remote desktop client?

Please confirm that I have understood correctly?

Spoiler

#6 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:09 AM

While I've seen software such as Team Viewer perform tasks for others from their desktop, or the inbuilt Remote Assistance that offered through Windows, have never heard of a new OS being installed in this fashion, though have heard of OEM's starting the OS reinstall process while on the phone with the tech. 

That's the way that I interpret the OP's question. 

While we don't offer this service here if it were possible, a self install is the best way to learn & actually less time consuming than getting one to do it for you. 

If ome's able to create that bootable USB stick containing a fully workable Linux OS, determined by booting to it in Live Mode to test the media, surly the OS can be installed. 

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users