Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big problem

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 xodus_

xodus_

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:57 AM

I have a laptop Samsung NP300E5Z-A03, all specs in picture below.

I bought it in 2012, and it came with a drivers CD, that i used it to install drivers from until now, when i had windows 7.

Now i've updated to windows 10, and i have noticed on the drivers CD says: Only for Windows 7.

I tried to install them, didn't work.

Went online and downloaded Intel Driver Update Utility 2.2, installed it, surprise, no driver installed, so it can't update them..

searched intel forums, couldn't find anything that worked for my laptop.

I have a graphic card of 1.6gb, with 64MB dedicated Vram, until now, now that i don't have a driver, it says dedicated vram: 32mb..

Where do i get my latest drivers updates from? please help, i didn't know where to post this, been seeking through your forums for quite a while.

these are the specs, please help me!

screenshot_2.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:05 AM

Does your computer function without the drivers?

I have a similar issue but am able to cope without my drivers until they are ported to windows 10

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#3 xodus_

xodus_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:16 AM

Does your computer function without the drivers?

I have a similar issue but am able to cope without my drivers until they are ported to windows 10

Yes, the computer works .. i mean, i do everything i've done until now, just that my Audio ( driver ) stops sometimes and i have to restart the laptop, and that 32mb of my vram are gone..

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:19 AM

Well you could try to just limit down to the driver for your audio, can you dig up your audio card info?

(best way to do this without too much fuss is to install speccy https://www.piriform.com/speccy)

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#5 xodus_

xodus_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:36 AM

Well you could try to just limit down to the driver for your audio, can you dig up your audio card info?

(best way to do this without too much fuss is to install speccy https://www.piriform.com/speccy)

But i also want my latest graphics card, i want my 32mb vram back :(

screenshot_3.png

#6 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:42 AM

There would be more info to work from if you use the following instructions to publish a snapshot and provide the link to the snapshot.

7sbvuf-6.png

#7 xodus_

xodus_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:45 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/pV4hcaLBjzFDrA5t7kaqDN5

#8 xodus_

xodus_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

guys?

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

xodus, did you use SWUpdate, which is Samsung program to update drivers on their computers and laptops?

http://orcaservice.samsungmobile.com/SWUpdate.aspx

Download and install it, then see if it detects drivers for your graphic card that are Windows 10 ready. Keep in mind that not every computers and laptops will be Windows 10 ready.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#10 xodus_

xodus_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

xodus, did you use SWUpdate, which is Samsung program to update drivers on their computers and laptops?

http://orcaservice.samsungmobile.com/SWUpdate.aspx

Download and install it, then see if it detects drivers for your graphic card that are Windows 10 ready. Keep in mind that not every computers and laptops will be Windows 10 ready.

After i selected my model, it asked me Windows 7 or Windows 8? and i clicked on 8 and then it told me they didn't found anything ... ?

Edited by xodus_, 09 August 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

Then it most likely means that Samsung doesn't have Windows 10-ready drivers for your graphic card.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#12 xodus_

xodus_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

Then it most likely means that Samsung doesn't have Windows 10-ready drivers for your graphic card.

But there will be?

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:39 AM

There doesn't seems to be any announcement where they list which series of computer and laptops will support Windows 10. Other manufacturers like HP, Dell and Lenovo posted about this on their website, but it seems that Samsung didn't.

unite_blue.png

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

Like I told you via PM, that setting might be controlled in the BIOS, so I would take a look there instead.

http://www.pvladov.com/2013/10/increase-intel-hd-graphics-dedicated-video-memory.html

unite_blue.png

#15 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

Unless the 32mb dedicated vRAM being shown is affecting operation, it might be best just to leave well alone.  These Intel iGPU's actually have no dedicated physical vRAM : they share main memory.  When 32Mb is "dedicated" - the BIOS marks that memory as unavailable for use by anything other than the GPU.  They can actually use much more than the 32Mb "dedicated" RAM if required by sharing system memory (the "Total Available Graphics Memory" figure).  As Aura says above, sometimes there is a BIOS option to assign more memory to the integrated GPU, and once you do this it's not available for use by programs.

Regarding the sound driver, Realtek HD Audio is a common standard.  Realtek have drivers available from their website but they recommend that, where available, you use manufacturer provided (i.e. Samsung) drivers.  You may also want to try using Windows Update to see if a better or newer driver is available.  You'll probably find the latest is already installed, but here is how you do it anyway:

Open Device Manager (right click the start button and choose device manager)

Right click "Realtek High Definition Audio" 

Choose "Update Driver" in the driver tab.

Attached File  realtek.PNG   18.31KB   1 downloads

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users