Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is only slow on the weekends!?!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DefinitelyNoExpert

DefinitelyNoExpert

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:55 AM

My PC becomes inoperably slow over the weekend. It starts on midday on Friday (CEST) and is 'solved' by Monday. I first thought that it was due to a slow internet connection because of too many people using the same line (is that even an option?), but it is the whole PC which becomes slow - even while I do not really have to be on the internet. I do log in on the computer using my windows account so maybe there's some connection necessary there? I really don't know much about it... However, when using the wireless my laptop works just fine and that makes use of the same modem as the PC. On the PC everything just takes ages, even just to open a Word document. It is very frustrating.

Has anybody heard about this before? I tried to run the usual virus scans and checked everything I can think of, but came up empty. The thing that has me most stunned is the fact that it is 'gone' on Monday, when the PC works at is usual speed until the weekend comes around.

Any ideas as to what this might be due to?

Edited by DefinitelyNoExpert, 09 August 2015 - 06:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users