Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 to 10 error 0xC1900101 0x30018

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 kkoz83

kkoz83

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

Hi, how are you?  I am posting here because my error is 0xC1900101 0x30018 (see pic).  I get "stuck" on 40% overall and 23% of installing features and drivers.  I say "stuck" because the inner percentage circle breathes but nothing happens past those percentages.

I have an Asus laptop running Windows 7 Home 64-bit on a Samsung SSD.  I read other forums to turn off antivirus - so I permanently turned all of Norton off but no luck  :(

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ikaro

Ikaro

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

Here I have the exact same problem. Also an Asus Windows 7 -64bits
It stucks at same 40% 23%

#3 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

Here I have the exact same problem. Also an Asus Windows 7 -64bits
It stucks at same 40% 23%

Do you have a SSD?  If yes, is the SSD a Samsung?

#4 Ikaro

Ikaro

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:58 PM

No. I have the Slot but it is Free.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:24 PM

How much free space do you have on the ssd ??

Have you run the SRT    HERE   ?

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal,

It is the Courage to Continue that Counts.

W.C. 4th June 1940

#6 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

I have a ton of empty space on my SSD.  I'll run SRT & re-post ASAP.

#7 Ikaro

Ikaro

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

Good news!, it worked for me Thanks man!

#8 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

Can you give me more detailed steps on exactly how you got it working?

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,588 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

@ Ikaro    That's cool....good to know it helped

It remains a real head scratcher for others at this point....some upgrade easily....some just refuse to budge.... :unsure:

I am researching right now....i will post again in 15 minutes with as much as i can find

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

W.C. 4th June 1940

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,588 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:56 PM

The post linked to has 800 replies.......which tells us that the "certainty" factor is non existent......what works for one will not necessarily work for another....

SO.....HAVE A BACKUP of your Current Operating System....otherwise....you may end up with nothing

from THIS POST   I have extracted several "fixes" which did work for some people.....you are most welcome to try them.....I am not aware of any great risk involved with any of them....with the possible exception of the first one......BACKUP FIRST

Warning:  Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur. 

1. Locate the registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade]

2. It should exist, but if not, create it.

3. Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value with Name = "AllowOSUpgrade” (without the quotes), and set the Value = 0x00000001.

Once the registry key is modified, close and reopen the desktop Control Panel, go to Windows Update and check for updates.  You should now be able to click the Get Started button to upgrade to Windows 10.  Note: Windows 8.1 users must go to the desktop Control Panel, and not the modern Windows Update UI.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All suggestions below this line should not pose any serious threat....However.....BACKUP FIRST

1. Delete everything in "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

2. Reboot

3. Restart the download by heading directly into Windows Update

and

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder. (delete the CONTENT...not the folder itself )
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time."

and

BE AWARE....that you are NOT alone...

The update locked my laptop running Windows 8.1  and I am STILL WAITING for upgrade notification for my 3 other Windows 7 computers. I am in the Windows Insider program and a Certified PC Repair Technician. WHEN will I receive my notification?  WHAT do I tell my clients if I can't even get my reserved upgrade??? On my Windows 7 Ultimate machine (64 bit) the upgrade has failed three (3 times) Now I am led to understand that I am in the "Queue" for my upgrade in the coming days or weeks (????)

and

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

and

1 - I turned on all deactivated services (you can access by pressing Windows button+r then typing services.msc)

2 - I activated my local administrator profile (create a new local profile with administration privileges) and logged in this account

3 - I restarted the computer

4 - I accessed cmd as admin then I typed wuauclt.exe/updatenow

5 - I checked Windows update and it begun downloading Windows 10.

and

Just go to Microsoft and download the installation tool, and from that tool create a bootable USB memory or ISO file for burning a DVD.

in English US:   http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Swedish SE:     http://www.microsoft.com/sv-se/software-download/windows10

Use the created media to upgrade to Windows 10 from your current Windows Desktop.

To my experience all personal files and (most) installed programs will still work afterwards

Edited by Condobloke, 12 August 2015 - 03:49 PM.

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

W.C. 4th June 1940

#11 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Can you give me more detailed steps on exactly how you got it working?  Did you run the tool in the link & then the windows 10 upgrade immediately after?

#12 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

Condobloke - you have a lot of "and"s on your post - exactly which steps did you take to fix the issue?

#13 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,588 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

In the above post (#10) I have a made a summary of the " fixes" for this error. As i stated in the first line of that post    ....

The post linked to has 800 replies.......which tells us that the "certainty" factor is non existent......what works for one will not necessarily work for another....

Therefore there is no definite fix for that error at this time

My suggestion is to make sure you have a backup that you can go back to if things dont go well. Concentrate on that.

If you are quite certain that you can return your pc to a safe spot.......then feel free to "experiment" with the various 'fixes' that i have written about there.

Ikaro ran the SRT   and that worked for him.....

Sorry to be so 'wishywashy'.....but that is all I have for now.

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

W.C. 4th June 1940

#14 Ikaro

Ikaro

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

Can you give me more detailed steps on exactly how you got it working?  Did you run the tool in the link & then the windows 10 upgrade immediately after?

Hello, Yes, I downloaded the file on the link, which is an update that didn'd come automatically. I made sure I had off the Antivirus and Firewall, also I disconnected all periferical accesories (a second screen, and also a ventilator base). I also disconnected the WiFi and the LAN cable. and then I updated to Windows 10.

Before that I had tried to run the next Command but I couldn't:

rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN

The file pnpclean wasn´t available on my notebook.

Also I made sure I had downloaded all Windows updates.

Also, I think important, I ran a Clean Boot which implies to dissable all autommatic startup programms except those of Windows.

Also I downloaded and ran the CCleaner programm, but I don't know if this is helpful.

I started my first attempt last Friday, which mean I lost three full days on try's.

Just for your knowledge, most of the Asus drivers are not very good on Windows 10, and I don´t feel any improvement on speed or anything else. Good news is all my Programms like Office and Antivirus are still working :)

#15 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:50 PM

Hello, Yes, I downloaded the file on the link, which is an update that didn'd come automatically. I made sure I had off the Antivirus and Firewall, also I disconnected all periferical accesories (a second screen, and also a ventilator base). I also disconnected the WiFi and the LAN cable. and then I updated to Windows 10.

Before that I had tried to run the next Command but I couldn't:

rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN

The file pnpclean wasn´t available on my notebook.

Also I made sure I had downloaded all Windows updates.

Also, I think important, I ran a Clean Boot which implies to dissable all autommatic startup programms except those of Windows.

Also I downloaded and ran the CCleaner programm, but I don't know if this is helpful.

I started my first attempt last Friday, which mean I lost three full days on try's.

Just for your knowledge, most of the Asus drivers are not very good on Windows 10, and I don´t feel any improvement on speed or anything else. Good news is all my Programms like Office and Antivirus are still working :)

Thanks for the details.  I'll post my results soon :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users