Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Home disable automatic updates, enable updates on demand

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:07 PM

I found a unique way to do it on Windows 10 HOME and as far as I searched internet I didn't find any similar instructions:

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:02 AM

Those are good instructions. Clear and concise.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:50 AM

That method won't work in Home, search on 'oh, but there's more', here from Ars Technica, see how the Group Policy will ignore 0 if it's not Enterprise.

Parallel is that likely the option to turn off Auto Updates won't work in Home either, esp since gpedit.msc is missing from it, so whatever it changes, won't be regarded or won't last.  So then test it to be sure. And keep testing, right?

Edited by brainout, 09 August 2015 - 02:52 AM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

My manual shows how to actually install GPE so you can adjust Windows updates settings.

If it'll work I'll have to work until next Windows updates.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users