Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't change brightness

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamjamnewbie

jamjamnewbie

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:35 PM

So this problem started a few days ago, I don't know exactly when

When I press Fn+Left Or Fn+Right arrow key(key for brightness)

Sometimes the bar won't change, and the actual brightness of the laptop wont change too

Sometimes the bar can change one to two levels, but that's it, i can't change anymore than that, and the actual brightness of the laptop won't change also.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:13 AM

Try asking over at your laptops official help forum.

I'm having the same problem with my Hewlett-Packard HP 250 G3 (Win 8.1) laptop,  (the brightness keys stopped working) and people have posted a selection of things to try in the HP forum, none of which have worked so far.

The laptop is only 6 months old so maybe I can get the shop to fix it free, I don't know.

Edited by MickinPlymouthUK, 27 November 2015 - 07:20 AM.

#3 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

UPDATE- I just solved it on my laptop by using the "Computer Reset" option which wiped it back to factory defaults..:)

I suspect I caused the brightness problem myself by juggling the sleep/hibernate settings without knowing what i was doing, and might have triggered battery-saving dim mode and didn't know how to get out of it.

#4 donisonleague

donisonleague

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:13 AM

I don't know if it is the same problem, but it most cases it's a problem caused by a windows update. 99% of the times it happens with some laptop models with the upgrade from win 8 to win 8.1. I had it on my lenovo z500 and it is a common problem on this model. So common, in fact, that lenovo provided an official fix. Maybe you should try to check on your manifacturer website/forum if this is a common problem for your model aswell and if there is an official fix (i know there are many, not only for my model)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users