Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 and Ubuntu Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yip-n-Yap

Yip-n-Yap

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

I had windows 7 and recently updated to windows 10.  I have Ubuntu also installed.  I updated after the installation of Ubuntu.  Worked ok to start but the next time I booted up the arrow keys wouldn't let me move down to the windows boot.  If I let Ubuntu load and then reboot it the arrows work but I have to restart twice to get to windows 10. What can I do.

Acer enspire Computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

I have the same issue. This is because Ubuntu recognises keys differently than Windows so you need to restart twice to get into Windows after using Linux.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 Yip-n-Yap

Yip-n-Yap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

Yeah I know have to reboot twice but I didn't before windows 10.  Thanks for the help.

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,674 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:40 AM

Could try something like boot repair I'm not too sure if it will fix this particular issue especially if you didn't have UEFI enabled on your motherboard

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users