Moving over from "Am I Infected? What should I Do?"
I have an odd issue with my computer, which has been persistent on and off ever since my AV blocked a trojanscript.iframer virus. After cleaning out adware the symptoms disappeared for a month but recurred sometime yesterday/today. They include:
* a lock-shaped icon that appears in my task bar whenever I reboot my computer.
* intermittent sound difficulties, lack of system sounds when opening a file and slight audio delay when watching a video online.
* An inability to install windows updates or support system updates or view my update history. Current error message: Windows Update Ran Into a Problem.
* When opening a browser, a delay of thirty minutes or more before it launches.
* For some reason, I can only seem to access the mobile version of google on my main chrome browser. I can access the search engine as normal through incognito. Also sometimes it won't let me search by typing into my browser window and instead just takes me to google.
Does anyone have any idea what might be up? Since it's apparently not malware related I don't have security worries but waiting a half hour for a fresh browser window to launch is a pain and I would like my windows updates back.
ETA: After updating my virus protection build, these are the remaining issues
Edited by MML, 08 August 2015 - 05:38 PM.