Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 10 Uninstalled Drivers!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_LaffyFX_*

Guest_LaffyFX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

Hey guys! So, today I installed Windows 10! And...It froze at 25%. So I turned off my computer and turned it back on, and suddenly, after it restored my computer my mouse and keyboard don't work! I've tried every USB slot I could find. Please, all help is appreciated!!!

Thanks In Advance,

LaffyFX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

Well -guess what? Windows 10 uninstalled my driver for my ATI Radeon video card because it isn't digitally signed. Now I have to go buy a new video card! This really sucks! I feel your pain-

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

Hey guys! So, today I installed Windows 10! And...It froze at 25%. So I turned off my computer and turned it back on, and suddenly, after it restored my computer my mouse and keyboard don't work! I've tried every USB slot I could find. Please, all help is appreciated!!!

Thanks In Advance,

LaffyFX

OP can you boot Windows into Safe Mode if you can reinstall USB controller driver.

Well -guess what? Windows 10 uninstalled my driver for my ATI Radeon video card because it isn't digitally signed. Now I have to go buy a new video card! This really sucks! I feel your pain-

Why don't you download the graphic driver from AMD Support & Drivers website make sure its not beta version of the driver.

Posted Image

#4 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:48 PM

Thanks In Advance,

LaffyFX

OP can you boot Windows into Safe Mode if you can reinstall USB controller driver.

Why don't you download the graphic driver from AMD Support & Drivers website make sure its not beta version of the driver.

I did- no supported hardware found.It is an old video card- Radeon 3450- it was working fine until today when MS did their update and removed it because it wasn't digitally signed- I found a newer card at Fry's for about 60 bucks with 2gigs RAM and DDR3- just can't afford it this week- i'll just use my Linux machine in the meantime- it works perfectly fine there-

#5 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

It's not even listed on the AMD site anymore,so I'll just buck up and go buy a new one!

#6 Guest_LaffyFX_*

Guest_LaffyFX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

Okay, so...I tried Safe Mode, Safe Mode w/ Networking, and Safe Mode w/ CMD, and although my keyboard worked before windows loaded, it doesn't after it loads. So no, I can't install the drivers. Anything else?

#7 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:21 PM

This is not a rant on MS- but it has been my experience in the past,that MS releases their OS,and third party vendors have to catch up with drivers that are compatible with Windows. it has happened to me with 2000Pro,XP,and Windows 7 so this is not a big surprise to me. As I said earlier,it seems that in Win 10, it will not install any driver that is not digitally signed.I understand the reasoning behind it,but it sure causes a lot of problems for people have to upgrade their hardware as well! On my way to Fry's to get my video card!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users