Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Which gaming desktop should I buy?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rai Sin

Rai Sin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

Recently, I've been given a chance to buy a gaming desktop. Since I have never had one before, I don't know much about the specs of the desktops, aside from the cpu, gpu, how much ram its got, etc. I stumbled upon two desktops that are very closely priced within budget. Each have their pros and cons, making it a dilemma for me. The desktop's main use is gaming. But I will browse the web with it and multitask at least half the time. 

The reason why I need advice is because the BB679i have a better gpu than the GUA2200B. However, GUA2200B have 16GB of memory compared to the 8GB memory have the BB679i have. Now, the question is, which starting desktop is better for a complete noob like me? I have no experience with building one and I don't want to risk it either. So building one is not one of the options. Please give me your options on which one is the better, assuming that I am not upgrading any of the parts. Or if there is a better one, please post the model, within the budget of $700. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Truths

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

Honestly, 16Gb of ram isn't required unless your doing more intense stuff.

#3 gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

The PC with 8 GB is a great value for the performance. I have a similar computer but it cost $100 more. Plus, it says that you can always expand it later to 16 GB if you really need to.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users