Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

White Screen Ransomeware on Windows 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 drewbp

drewbp

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

I turned on my windows 7 desktop to discover a white screen with "waiting payment" in red text.  I no longer have access to task manager, even in safe mode.  Restoring to a previous system restore point does not help.

Here are my txt files.

And thanks for your help before hand.  I truly do appreciate that you take your time to help folks with these issues.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:39 AM

Hello and welcome to the Malware Removal Logs area :)

My name is Alexstrasza and I will assist you with your problem. You can call me Alex :)

Please allow me some time to consult with my instructors and I will be back with more information.

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

Hello Drew,

Before we begin, there are a few things I want to make sure you know:
  • I am currently in training, so my responses might be delayed. I will generally reply within 48 hours - if this is not possible, I will let you know.
  • Please do not run any tools without being instructed to, as this makes my job much harder in trying to figure out what you have done.
  • Make sure to read my instructions fully before attempting a step.
  • If you have problems or questions with any of the steps, feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
  • Please follow the topic by clicking on the Follow this topic button, and make sure a tick is in the receive notifications and is set to Instantly. Any replies should be made in this topic by clicking the Reply to this topic button.
  • Important information in my posts will often be in bold, make sure to take note of these.
  • I will bump a topic after 3 days of no activity, and then will give you another 2 days to reply before a topic is closed. Please inform me if you need more time.
Shall we begin then?

===

If it is possible, can you take a screenshot of the entire screen with the ransomware?

You can follow instructions here - or if it is not possible, then you can use another device (camera, smartphone or tablet) to take a photo of the entire screen.

Please attach the image in your next reply.

Regards,
Alex 

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

Hi there,

Are you still with me? It's been four days since my last post.

Regards,
Alex

#5 drewbp

drewbp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:59 AM

My problem has seemed to dissipate.  Don't understand how or why, but whereas before, as soon as the pc was done booting, the whole screen would turn white, I now cant make it do the virus activity at all.

Thanks for the help.  I will start a new thread if something raises its ugly head within the next few weeks.

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:43 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users