Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dead Motherboard, CPU, Ram or what?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stumar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:30 AM

Hi, im going to try and be as brief as i can while trying not to leave out any details.

My system.

• Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
  • Ecs H61H2 M7
  • Intel Xeon E3 - 1245v2
  • 1 HP DDR3 Ram 8gb
  • Asus reference r9 290 (unlocked)
  • Corsair LS 120gb boot drive
  • WD Caviar blue 160GB storage drive
  • Cooler master 600W PSU

let me start from the beginning. after updating to windows 10 my motherboard would often forget my boot priorities and other bios settings and would boot from my HDD (that once had linux) and would show my grub rescue so i would reboot and go to the bios and change it again to my SSD. no bigy then 2 days a go i found an old vga 15 inch monitor that my mom use to use that was just taking up space to i decided to attach it to my computer through the integrated graphics but this involved some bios shenanigans that i dont remember in the end it was a driver problem not a bios problem. today i woke up turned on my computer same thing it booted into grub rescue i changed it to my ssd i saw the boot screen and bam no display i waited 30 seconds before turning it off from the back then i tried turning it on but no display no keyboard lights no nothing just the fans spined no beeps no-nothing then i turn it off again suspecting a bad psu i had an old psu laying around so i tested it but i made 1 huge mistake i plugged in the 4 pin cpu connector the wrong way while trying to power it no sparks no fans nothing moved. i quickly removed everything (gpu peripherals storage etc)at this point only the CPU monitor and ram was inserted gave it power and the fan started spinning no display though. took it out of the case same thing. im fairly sure that the psu is ok because it powers on my HDD just fine. now to the main question what is dead? i want to order the parts myself because where i live repair shops aren't much help. please help as much as you can sad.png

++  http://download.ecs...._V10_manual.pdf  if you go on page 71 you can see a trouble shooting diagram according to this my motherboard is dead but because of the reversed 4pin cpu fiasco i think it may be the CPU although i checked the cpu for burned pads but i couldn't find any.    

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:45 PM

Intermittent, unrelated faults, and scrambled BIOS is caused by the CMOS battery  failure .. Look for a small coin type battery cell mounted in a holder on the main board.  This cell keeps the system BIOS setting and the clock running when powered down. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users