Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Service Release 1, Aug. 10th, 2015

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:29 AM

This Service Release package of updates should fix some problems;

http://www.eteknix.com/windows-10-service-release-1-inbound-next-week/

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

Windows 10 Beta.... was released in October 2014....10 months ago....(approx 300 days).and has presumably been rigorously tested and put through all sorts of high pressure situations in that time.

Windows 10 release to the general public occurred on 29th July 2015. It has been out there...11 days....and already we have a "service release 1"...... “Windows 10 SR1 is a cumulative update package. It will bring some new features, but the main purpose is to repair the system after release and fix the problems exposed.”

Microsoft: We have more than 1.5 million Windows 10 'Insiders' ....so what happened to all that testing ??

Oh the haste to get all that user information in and on the market to the ready market that exists for it

Edited by Condobloke, 08 August 2015 - 07:52 AM.

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal,

It is the Courage to Continue that Counts.

W.C. 4th June 1940

#3 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:35 PM

so what happened to all that testing ??

Oh, it happened. It just got ignored (or so it feels). I think Microsoft decided that since they will be continually updating the OS with feature/UI updates, that they would roll out on schedule and just keep updating to fix stuff (which is, obviously different that just the usual security fixes).

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#4 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:26 PM

Actually, there are suppoed to be 4.5 million worldwide Insiders or even five million, depending on who you read.   So coupled with a good million combined contractural and regular MSFT employees, each with two devices, that accounts for why 14 million devices running on Day One.  So maybe 2 million more downloads on as many devices that first day.  Maybe more, because downloads are not activations, and maybe less because so many had trouble activating, as this article somewhat (too mildly) recounts.

But the TP we all got as Insiders is not restricted like the final version.  Our  EULA is less restrictive too, about updates (type winver.exe then click on the blue link about the Agreement, read it for yourself or copy it to Word/Libre Office read it for yourself, it's an rtf file in Windows System32 license.rtf ).

And yeah, I'm sure all us 'Insiders' are just window dressing so MSFT can claim it listened.  It only listens to those whose ideas it likes.  Because, if it really listened, we'd have a real start menu and NO 'Code of Conduct' (sheesh, violates every nation's laws, that paragraph 2-3 of the Services Agreement).

Edited by brainout, 08 August 2015 - 09:44 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users