Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer hangs at restore...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nadestorms

Nadestorms

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:27 PM

So basically the other day my computer froze up for a few seconds at a time then would be okay, so I decided to restart it. It gave me all sorts of trouble when id try to restart it and finally it started the system restore process. However when it loads the files and gets to the blue screen, nothing but my mouse comes up. I've let it sit for hours and nothing happens. I put my old laptops hdd in and it works fine, just such a hassle because all the drivers and such it has missing. Please help, if you can. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nadestorms

Nadestorms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

I also tried changing some settings im BIOS, but no luck

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

Can you get into Windows?
Can you get into Safe Mode?

What version of Windows are you running? (WinXP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10)

Do you have a recovery partition on the system?

Do you have recovery media (DVD or USB drive)?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Nadestorms

Nadestorms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

Can you get into Windows?
Can you get into Safe Mode?
What version of Windows are you running? (WinXP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10)
Do you have a recovery partition on the system?
Do you have recovery media (DVD or USB drive)?

I cannot get into windows nor safe mode. It immediately reverts to the system recovery/repair but never completely loads. There should be recovery on the system, do not have elsewhere.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:06 AM

What version of WIndows?

What is the make and model of the system?

Is the WIndows original (what came with the system), or has it been upgraded?

Most often you'll start with these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

If you pass all of that, then you'll get into restoring the system (either from the recovery partition, or from a disk/USB drive)

You may be able to use bootable media to access Startup Repair off of the disk (depending on the type of recovery disks you have)

Also, you'll need to give thought to recovering your data before doing this

Restoring the system will likely wipe everything off of the hard drive.

Should the hard drive be dying, you may also have limited time to recover the data yourself.

If you don't get it yourself, then the cost for having a pro recover it is very high.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users