Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Help PopUp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scottty

Scottty

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:58 PM

HI There,

I have a Problem that when I open any program ( Windows start menu, Any internet Viewer, Office) and Type a letter for the first time and/or have let the computer sit for 15-20min, Close and reopen a program I get this bloody Help Window Pop Up.. In Internet Explorer it opens all over the screen(see Pic), In Google Chrome its contained to one window (But If you dont close it before it loads it will close then reopen forever and you need to close the window down and catch it next time.

I know what your thinking.. This is a Bug and I'm in the wrong area.

I have been in talks with 2 of your fellow workers and we have done everything they can do, This computer have been scaned clean of Malware and Virus with all there tools.

Please read these Pages to understand what we have done and where we are at.

They have requested I talk to you Guys/Gals as we think the problem is within Bios its self..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580726/whatsapp-voicemail-virus-removal-opened/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544631/windows-help-and-support-windows-keep-popping-up/

(I have not done the BIOS Update as yet as I'm unsure about how to do it.)

To me.. (Im no expert) It seems almost like the computer has been reconfigured to whenever you open any program that it will actavate the F1 help key hold it down so the window pops up 20 - 30+ times.

I dont belive its a Internet Explorer issue as it will happen in 'All' Programmes when ever you type your 1st letter and if you have not typed any keys for about 15min (your reading a web page) then you press anykey and it will set help window off again.

I have Uploaded Photos of PopUps and System Info for you.

I hope this will help in finding the solution.
Thanks
Scottty

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:16 AM

Good morning :).

First question:  Have you tried a different keyboard?

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 Scottty

Scottty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:11 AM

I have just plugged in a new keyboard.. 
I will give it a test run over the next few days and I will keep you posted. 
Thanks

Scottty

#4 Scottty

Scottty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:31 AM

Update..

So far so good with new Keyboard..

I cant belive a keyboard could give so much Greef..

I would like to thank you guys at Bleeping Computers for all you help and understanding with my problem.

You guys do a great job.
Thank you very much.
Scottty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users