Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to disconnect these tiny wires? Help.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

The image linked below is the circuit board for a Thermaltake Armor revo genie computer case- Headphone/reset/power switch.  I have determined by trial and error that the headphone jack is somehow broken on the inside.  As soon as we pllug in 2 different sets of headphones even when no sound is being played .. a static humm is coming out constantly through the headphones.  And when music or gameplay or windows sounds are played no sound comes out at all.  If I pull the headphones out but not completely I can sometimes catch the sound being played.  The rear panel motherboard headphone jacks work fine.  That all being said just for information puposes.. I have already setup an RMA with Thermaltake but I cannot seem to figure out how to disconnect the plastic from the wire harness theres no little tab or button . I even tried poking a mini screwdriver into the hole on the front to poke the wire out the back .. This did not work.  Gently pulling and wiggleing does not work.  Any help appreciated.  I spose I could go over and see if Thermaltake has some forums I can post on too.

http://imgur.com/Xu75cVr

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edited by YeahBleeping, 07 August 2015 - 06:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,823 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

J4 looks like a shortened version of J2. It almost looks from the image that there are small plastic tabs on top of the connector. What happens if you gently raise or press down on one of these tabs while tugging lightly on the wire? 

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:55 AM

Yes I thought that too.. Had my son tug on the wire while I presed down and tried pulling up on those tabs.  I got frustrated enough to give Thermalake another call in hopes they would be able to tell me how to do this.  After providing him a link to the imagur- He then said.. leave the wires on the circuit board and disconnect tthem from the harness.... Which is going to be another task as the wiring harness is . ' hot glue'd' at several locations to the top of the (case) mount and also wire tied to several locations following.  Oh well I guess it will be easier than disconnecting the wires.  Thanks for the suggestion John.

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:40 PM

The wires are in  capture affair.  You need to slide a small screwdriver point in alongside the wire to lift the catch for each wire, one at a time, over and over, working the wires out.  They slide back in very easily but are tough to get out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users