Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have no idea what's going on (windows 8.1)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 anonymousjerkbag

anonymousjerkbag

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

So, some months back I made a forum topic about how my motherboard seemed to be infested with a virus.  As it turned out I believe it was the power source constantly malfunctioning that did it, and after replacing it with a corsair it no longer has these problems.  

HOWEVER

Now reupdating to windows 8.1 and getting everything back up, I have another problem.  There will be times where I start up my computer, and nothing loads and I have to hit the windows key so everything starts up porperly.  What happens exactly is:

Start up windows

computer loads, but no taskbar icons or destop icons load

hit windows key

screen flashes for a moment

a few seconds later it comes back 

I can use my computer again

I used my computer like this for some time before this problem went away and I could simply use it like I did when I first got it.

Now recently, after updating my videocard drivers, I started getting another long running problem, wherein my screen flickers for brief seconds at a time.  The picture goes to the right and loops, hard to explain since it's so quick.  It's not a pixilated effect either.  So I figured it was a graphics card issue as well as a windows 8 installation issue.

Thing is, when I tried doing a clean install of my graphics card drivers, the OS problem somehow got worse going from a once in a blue moon simple affair to a new thing which goes like this.

Same boot up problems as before, but instead google chrome usually starts up.  

I have no access to the tool bar and have to hit the windows key

INSTEAD of a brief flash and my problem no longer being there it takes one to two minutes till it unfreezes at the window screen and THEN I can use everything.

Reinstalling the drivers also seemed to cause an issue with google chrome where it is permanently loading pages that i open up after it loads, meaning anything that wasn't picking up from where i left off.  I should add that I did this because for the first time the graphical errors began happening during gameplay as well, not the normal twitch on the screen, but lines would appear on the screen.  A singular straight line at the bottom section of the screen at completely random intervals. 

So I don't know if this is a bios corruption as AMD is telling me to flash my bios, something I have never done, and have no experience doing,  my graphics card and it's drivers, or if it's indeed a windows 8.1 os problem.  Last time I did a fresh install of windows 8.1 it seemed to fix it for a while, but the symptoms came back with a vengence.

I am also constantly updating my videocard drivers, but they don't seem to save for some reason, and seem to be from 2014.  My keyboard and mouse also sometimes do not work upon booting or rebooting the computer.

There anything I can do to determine what's wrong, or what parts of my computer are causing this issue?

Edited by anonymousjerkbag, 07 August 2015 - 06:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users