Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keylogger?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 somae

somae

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

I tried scanning our computer with a program called KL-detector. It reported a long list of possible keyloggers.

Is this a good program to use for this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:53 PM

Hi there,

I tested KL-Detector on my own system. Looks like it only monitors for file operations done during the time that you set it to monitor the system.

The list of files that it created during the monitoring period can be hard to tell if there is a keylogger on the system, especially if you do something that involves a lot of file operations (i.e. surfing). I don't recommend surfing during this test since it asked you to shut down your AV.

So your PC may or may not be infected. If you still suspected an infection then it's best to request elevated help since a keylogger is a serious thing.

Regards,
Alex

#3 somae

somae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:18 AM

Thanks for your response.

I don't know whether to suspect it's infected or not. We've got an asus p6x58d premium mainboard with 8g memory. I installled windows 81 pro x64 as a trial. Bitdefender found about 6 infected files recently. I've noticed that the keyboard blinks every so often,  llike it does when the system is booting - but it doesn't seem to affect anything. The computer is able to turn back on, from cold boot, just by pressing a key on the keyboard. I don't know if this is something that's a part of windows 8.1 or not. There was also some strange behavior with new windows popping up when I tried to type in the firefox search box -- but that seems to have stopped since the bitdefender scan. The keyboard blinks and strange boot ability are what are mainly making me wonder.

Edited by somae, 08 August 2015 - 03:28 AM.

#4 somae

somae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:07 AM

The problem seems to have been a bad keyboard. When I replaced it, new windows stopped popping up.

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users