Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Windows 10 worth the upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TechWiz365

TechWiz365

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:55 PM

I currently use Windows 8 and I was wondering whether Windows 10 was worth the upgrade?

Besides being able to get the latest apps from the Windows store, what incentives are there to upgrade?

Does Windows 10 save memory & PC usage or will it use more system resources?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

Hi TechWiz365 :)

We already have multiple threads on the subject:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584272/discussion-windows-10-upgrade-path-experiences/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585376/wait-to-install-windows-10/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584802/how-do-people-like-windows-10/

I suggest you to participate in these instead of creating yet another one of these threads.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

Thats really only a decision you can make. As many members as we have, are potentially the number of opinions that you'll be offered. From very pro to very negative. You'll need to do your research and then decide if your particular situation fits the template and time frame for upgrading. Keeping in mind there is a finite time frame to upgrade for free.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

You should upgrade to Windows 8.1 and try that and see if you like that. After that you should try Windows 10.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Eddie7

Eddie7

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:57 PM

Most definitely. Windows 10 seems to be running pretty smooth for me but not so much for other people I can see. Just give it a try. :)

#6 MrWindows95

MrWindows95

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

Worth the upgrade indeed! The experience is better than upgrading from Vista to 7.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:05 PM

Any version of Windows beats Windows Vista :lol:

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 MrWindows95

MrWindows95

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

and WinME. lol

#9 raycaran

raycaran

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 a few days ago and guess I was one of the lucky ones as the change over went relatively smooth.

Having a small problem getting Lastpass to work as it did before the change but it is due to Edge not being compatible currently with Lastpass. 

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

I'm currently using LastPass on Google Chrome. When I reinstalled it, Edge wasn't in the list of supported browsers.

unite_blue.png

#11 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:52 PM

I don't think so. Lots of reports I've read about updating to Windows 10 and most of their PC's shut down during installation. Lots of files are missing and they can't use their device just like before. When in doubt, then better don't try.

#12 digmor crusher

digmor crusher

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:16 PM

Wasn't for me, worked ok for 6 days, some glitches but nothing major. Yesterdays update wouldn't work, got a blue screen saying computer was going to restart, it didn't, powered off, tried again, tried repair nothing would work, just a blue screen showing, so went back to W7. These auto updates are going to be a big problem I tell ya.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users