Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clean install?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TomH49

TomH49

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:08 AM

I decided to give "10" a test run, so I installed over "8.1". It worked fine but I was a little disappointed with the speed, when compared to 8.1. Same hardware, new OS. So I wanted to try a "Clean Install". Ran Repair my Computer, Formated the Hard Drive the whole 9 yards. After signing in my profile pic and Wallpaper was there but they can't get the Time Zone right. What is up with that? Guess the only way to get a Clean Install would be to crate a New account. Comments?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:33 AM

Have you used the media creation tool and an ISO image?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

Oh, I'm sorry. One more thing, definitely DO NOT create another account. It might really upset your Windows 10 install since there are no more product keys.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 TomH49

TomH49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

Yes, I used the Media Creation Tool and put the iso on a USB drive. So you really can't do a CLEAN instal like you could with the older versions?

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

You can do a clean installation of Windows 10 simply by booting from the installation media, and picking up the "Custom (Advanced)" install method. From there, you select the drive on which you want to install Windows 10, click on "Advanced Settings" and select "Format". Once done, you move on with the installation.

As for the timezone issue, did you check in your BIOS if the date/time was correct as well?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

Yes, you can definitely do a clean install of Windows 10 just like you can with Linux.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:41 PM

Or like with any other OS :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users