Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Am I Doing Wrong With My Soundcard And Mic ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Starstryker

Starstryker

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:54 PM

I have an Soundblaster Audigy 4 soundcard, and it works very well with my headphones...however...and I have
been trying for six months now, I cannot get a regular stick Microphone to work even with the microphone plugged directly into the soundcard. I really would like any advice on how I can fix this. It is mostly for Teamspeak, and If I can't get it fixed, I will have to get a cheap headset and stop using my good headphones.

Starstryker

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:48 PM

Hi Starstryker.
While rearching a bit I came up with this.

Headset and Integrated Microphone Connectivity

Connecting a headset and a microphone to a PC is usually a simple task. Sometimes, the markings on the headset and microphone connections are not exactly the same as the markings on the connections on the PC. Other times, settings may interfere with the headphones or the microphone functioning properly.

AND
Creative Soundcards support two types of microphones. Is yours one of these?

Dynamic Microphones
Electret Microphones

http://dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CG...s.creative.com/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Starstryker

Starstryker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:10 PM

No...guess I'm going to have to try and track down a mic from one of those....damn this is annoying.

Have tried to use a Logitech USB, and a Labtec regular stic mic

Starstryker

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:10 PM

USB Microphones

What is the difference between a USB and an analog microphone?

A USB microphone is digital, so it does not suffer from line noise. This means a USB microphone may have higher quality input. Things that may cause interference with USB Microphones are the number of devices actively using the USB hub at the time. USB microphones also act as their own sound cards. When you plug in a USB microphone, the operating system should automatically detect and enable it as your primary recording device. When you unplug your USB microphone, your operating system will automatically enable your primary sound card/recording/onboard device again. If you need to adjust the microphone settings, open the sound control panel in your operating system.

Note: With a USB Microphone, you are bypassing the capabilities of your soundcard.

So an adapter/converter should work. The kind that come with USB headsets.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Starstryker

Starstryker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

I fixed it with the regular mic, was messed up with the settings, thanks for the help guys.

Starstryker

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

You're welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users