Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kasperski missing from taskbar.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 coaler

coaler

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:37 AM

I upgraded to w 10. My Kasperski icon is missing from the taskbar. I still have 2 Kasperski in my programs list. Didn't Kasperski come along with the upgrade? :flowers:

Is there a way to tell if Kasperski security is active?  The windows defender had a message "unprotectied".or doesn't it have anything to do with Kasperski.

I have a 2 yr subscription for Kasperski...so want to use it.

I have a cd to reinstall it if I have to.

I have a HP Pavilion 20.all in on

Asking your expert advice on this please...thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

Reinstalling Kaspersky would be the easiest option.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:56 PM

Hi coaler :)

If you are to reinstall Kaspersky, please do not use your CD. The version on your CD is most likely not compatible with Windows 10. Only the latest version of Kaspersky 2015 and Kaspersky 2016 are compatible with Windows 10. What version of it do you have? Antivirus, Internet Security or PURE?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:58 PM

Good point :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

Re the taskbar icon - it sounds as if you need to search for "notifications" in control panel, and in the result page set the Kaspersky icon to "Show Icon and Notifications".

As Aura says, only Kaspersky 2016 or the very latest latest version of 2015 works with windows 10. Multiple issues apparently exist.

The only one that has personally impacted me so far (running KIS 2016) is that newly pinned tiles to not appear ion the start panel until you log out, reboot, or restart the Windows Explorer process. Likewise unpinned icons to not disappear until one of those same actions is performed. This bug has been acknowledged as such by Kaspersky support, and a fix is being worked on (ETA unknown but knowing Kaspersky support, it could drag on a .... little...)

x64

Edit :the pinning bug also seems to stop newly installed programs appearing in the "All Apps" list..And if you find that kaspersky really is not there - you wilt need to install the 2016 version - you probably will not be able to run a 2015 installer.

Edited by x64, 07 August 2015 - 03:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users