Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't get rid of Skype or Skype Click To Call!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 djlen

djlen

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:33 AM

I have tried everything imaginable to get rid of these two.  I can delete Skype via 

control panel, but it comes back and re-installs itself.  

Click to call will not go away.  When I try to use the control panel I get a message that 

says, "close Chrome browsers to uninstall".   I've tried doing that and still get that same message.

I've even uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it with the same result.

These two are like a bad dream.   

Any help with completely deleting both would be appreciated.

Regards, 

Len

Edited by hamluis, 07 August 2015 - 12:33 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:42 AM

If you haven't followed the instructions given in link below....try that.

How can I completely uninstall and then reinstall Skype for Windows desktop?

You can also try using Revo in Advanced Mode to remove Skype.

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 djlen

djlen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:15 AM

I ended up downloading and running the Revo app and I think that that got rid of it.  I will get 

back here if it re-appears on my computer.  

Thank you so much for the help.

Regards, 

Len

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:30 AM

Good....you can clean up the computer and check for startups and tasks in Windows and browsers using CCleaner.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

If you would like for me to help you do this:

Open CCleaner...post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner:

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users