Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FILES ON SERVER WITH SIRCULAR REFERENCE

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gene98

gene98

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

Hi Guys

I have an old HP Home Server that has served me well but I am trying to set it up to work in a modern system with Windows 8.1 home network primary but still accessing the old home server.  In transferring my files from the home server to my new 5T hard drive I discovered some files that I can not copy or delete.  Upon investigating I found that a folder on my old server includes a backup from an old Mint 10 OS that I had saved to the home server.  In that file I found that there is a file in the Mint 10 backup that includes references to the Home Server and it creates a circular reference to the same folder in the system.  In other words I think this locked the file and I have no Idea how to delete the offending file.

I think this could happen on any network system so it would not be the first time it came up.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users