Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic Card Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamessheaj

jamessheaj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

hey.. i have a 128mb grahpics card poeple are teling me it should run games like quake 4 and cs source fine. but for some reason i only get 20-30 fps in cssource.

yes i have verticle vsync off. here is a screenshot of my dxdiag.
i also have 2.5gigs of ram.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:59 PM

What resolution are you running your games at? I know I had an ATI Radeon 9600SE 128MB and I could still really only run them at 800x600px.
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#3 jamessheaj

jamessheaj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:13 PM

800x600

#4 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:12 AM

Well, whoever told you it should run Quake and CS:S are wrong. It'll run CS:S if you have the computer to back it up. It's a intergrated graphics card. Meaning, your vidoe "card" is mounted onto your motherboard and uses your system main memory for temporarly storing information. System memory is slower then that used in modern video cards today. To hopefully improve performance, you may be able to increase the amount of memory it can use in the bios or in ATi Catalyst Control center. I know my Radeon Xpress 200 uses 256 of my main memory. I can play Source and HL2 fine in 800x600 though. With about 40 frames, depending on map and area size.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users