Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mr. Robot USA Series

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

That's exactly right DC, at least in my opinion also.  I'm not even liking this season, though will try it out after complaining to the creators as to the direction it was going LOL, yes I love to complain!

I feel it was sad that the show turned into such a drama when it is described as a "cyber-security engineer by day and a vigilante hacker by night"...I thought that was a really cool idea, though it may no have appealed to all, or even less that knows about Linux, which appears in the show from time to time and is even talked about.  And, the fact that the creator and crew try to make the technical stuff as real as possible, but why bother if it's just going to be a Drama? with very little hacking, or computer action going on at all.

Then even the first season had Elliot Staring off into Space most of each episode? what the heck is that about, other than the obvious problems Elliot has, this makes for really boring airtime.  No need to make him boring just because he has many mental issues, drug addictions etc.?

I also have never liked the Christian Slater character either, he just doesn't fit the role as far as I'm concerned, and don't know how he got some kind of award for that part???  The rest of the actors I'm on board with, they all seem to be good enough and some very good.  Rami Malek just needs better Directing and a different script to act from lol.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks to the Mods for leaving this thread here as there is enough Linux content on the show, IMO, to make an exception to keep it here.

Thanks, pcpunk

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#32 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

They have this little Interactive site HERE called "whoismrrobot.com" haven't figure it all out yet, but mainly they want you to join and give your email, and it seems they are advertising the e-coin.com site as they do in their commercials.  The Terminal is somewhat Interactive also.  I chose "Origin" for this, and then looked at some of the other stuff but don't understand most of what they are trying to do?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users