Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mr. Robot USA Series

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

It works on my browser.  Here's the naked link.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:13 PM

It works on my browser.  Here's the naked (non-embedded) link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u73RSSpstkk

#18 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,902 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

Works now so it's just me.  I opened chrome from last session and should have Refreshed the page.  Still learning?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#19 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,198 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

I think this sums it it pretty well: http://screenrobot.com/impatient-nation-tv-series-getting-shorter/

I don't understand the 140/160 reference but will google it up.

The 140/160 reference is to Twitter and SMS texting and conditioning us to get our information in tiny bits at a time. Originally you could only text 140 characters at a time and Twitter had/has the 160 character limit.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#20 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

Gotcha now, ta, Animal.

:wizardball: Wiz

#21 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

@pcpunk

Whoa! I can't believe Mr. Robot is not in Au!

Apparently Presto, a Network half-owned by Foxtel, our major pay TV service, began screening Mr Robot USA 14th August.

We don't subscribe to pay TV as we have about 20 or more free to air channels here in the bush, so it may be some time before (if at all) we get to see it. :mellow:

Never mind, I can always watch it online.

:wizardball: Wiz

#22 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:07 PM

Well, hope you get to see it if you like it, and it is on a good medium for you.  Personally...I don't like watching on a pc, but I suppose if you got a nice pc with a good place to sit etc. it is good!  All I got are some lappy's.  Guys at where I work watch stuff on their phones LOL OMG.

I just hope this series don't go down the drain because I love the premise.  I love it when they are using Linux and hacking etc.  Wait, am I allowed to say Hack on this forum LOL.

If they would just Kill off Slater - the show would grow and thrive...LOL, well - what do I know.

See ya!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#23 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:33 PM

I wanted to share the Jimmy Kimmel / Rami Malek interview, unfortunately it was not the whole interview as the end was very entertaining when I watched it live.  He has a Twin brother, that he did a lecture for in college, for the credits that the brother needed to graduate lol.  So he stood in for the brother unknowing to the professor, and ace'd the lecture.  The professor was shocked lol, as the brother did not do so well in her class as I understood it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZyhQoFRHxQ

And, Rami Malek got the interview for this show because he worked with Emmy Rossum on "Paciffic".  Beautiful, intelligent and very talented girl who stars in the Showtime series "Shameless" and is now/recently engaged to Sam Esmail who is the director of the Mr. Robot show.

I had to mention Emmy Rossum as I am a big fan after seeing her do some late-night shows.  The way she carry's herself etc. she is awesome!  

"Emmy Rossum and director Sam Esmail are getting married."  from the www.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#24 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:39 PM

Last week they played a rerun of the 1st episode of Mr Robot on Show Case, and I watched it. It was good.

#25 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,902 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

That's good to hear, feel like I'm the only one watching LOL.  I know it's popular, but would think it would be even more so here?  Still wish there were more computer stuff going on?

I'm not a big fan of Celebs, but if you even get a chance look up some late-night interviews with Emmy Rossum.  Super cool down to earth, singer, actress etc.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#26 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,902 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:26 PM

I didn't think much of this show except that I liked it well enough, and now it seems as though it is quite popular.  Even heard some young girls talking about it on some Talk Radio not long ago.  Mr. Robot took home the big award for Best Television Series – Drama!

Love it!

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#27 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:17 AM

I noticed it was on yesterday, and was about to click on it when I noticed it was near ending, so I didn't. At some point I would like to see the first season through, as I did enjoy the 1st episode. Maybe I'll get the DVD when it comes out or something. Too many good shows I want to see. I still haven't seen Halt And Catch Fire season 2, which is also on my list.

#28 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,902 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

They did a 24hr marathon recently so I watched a little.  Very unusual show...I just wish it would be a little more Edgy, some more computer stuff, hacking etc.  But mainstream want's Drama, a story, and there is a story but missing some things I would like to see.  Also, can't believe Christian Slater got the most recognition?  Rami Malek is more of a character than he is?  Slater does not Act nor pass as a Hacker and imo just don't fit the role.  Sorry, love me some Slater...but not on this show.  He needs to be more Geeky and less Nerdy lol, if that makes any sense.

Really like the episode where they get into the police dept. computers, lol, good stuff.  

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#29 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,902 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

Mr. Robot on Now!  Two episodes ago they featured the Mint 17.3 Desktop in one of the scenes! pretty cool.  Wish it was better, but I'll give it a go tonight.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#30 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:01 AM

I watched the first season, and part of the second. First was really good... then it got way to drama..ey in the second and I stopped watching. Heard the 3rd season is good so far.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users