Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

failure on windows update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 losterized

losterized

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:31 PM

Several important windows security updates have failed . most common error 8024402c + dt000 (1). The note tells me to fix  missing or corrupt service registry.  I am a novice and totally dependent on systems like windows. If I have to delve into the bowels of the system I'm lost. Help that a nubbie can follow, please. Thank you! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnHenery

JohnHenery

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:45 PM

First restar the computer Start > arrow next to shutdown > Restart.

Then try again, if it does not work, I would run a Windows Recovery, and repair the registry. Alternatively, you could fix the registry with CCleaner. Free program simple download and install.

there is an option for registry that scans keys, removes issues, and offers the option to Backup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users