Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 restart loop

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JordanStroz

JordanStroz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

My computer, which I update on release day of Windows 10, is stuck in a constant reboot loop. It says it try's to start automatic repair. Help????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:33 AM

Are you able to get into Windows at all?

Can you get into Safe Mode?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 JordanStroz

JordanStroz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

No, I'm not.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

Do you have install media or repair media?

Can you boot from that?

Be careful, as some repair media will wipe out all of your saved data.

If you do not have repair media, I would suggest that you obtain it from the computer manufacturer.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 TEC5

TEC5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:42 AM

Hello,

I'm having the same issues as the original poster. when you asked " do you have install or repair media" did you mean of windows 7,windows 8, or windows 10? I have the windows 7 media but not the windows 10 but I can get it.

#6 JordanStroz

JordanStroz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

I recently decided if I can't get windows ten to work , I'll just downgrade to windows 7 pro. In order to setup, purchase any former windows and as soon as the first screen comes up press the key that says press <key> to enter setup. Once your there go to boot options and change your first boot priority to Cd rom and your second to Hard disk drive. Take your windows cd and as soon as the computer comes up open your cd drive and boot the windows cd. It will walk you through the setup process. Once you're done go back into setup and change your boot priority back to hard disk drive and restart your computer. Then the computer should work like normal.

#7 TEC5

TEC5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

Right, I know what your talking about, but I want to get windows 10 to work so do I need to download the upgrade tool and restart the process so that way it can fix whatever issues were corupted in the install process?

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:03 AM

TEC5 - feel free to follow along in this topic, but please start your own topic in order to get your individual questions answered.  FYI - I was referring to the original media, not the Win10 media.

For most Win10 problems, the easiest fix is a clean install of Windows (whatever version that you first had that qualified for the upgrade) - making sure that it's fully updated.

Then run the Win10 installer and all should work well.

At work we've had some problems with older HP laptops (long boot times), and with Asus G20AJ desktops (video problems)

Beyond that, most problems stem from old, tired copies of the OS (with lot's of stuff installed), malfunctioning systems where Win10 is an attempt to fix a problem, or with systems that are infected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users