Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GodMode crashes windows explorer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ricksinmont

ricksinmont

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

I've just had to do an operating system reinstall and tried to recreate the Godmode folder.  Now when I attempt to access it windows explorer crashes.  Any ideas?  My system is Vista Office.

I tried to delete it with the same result.  I renamed it but the result is the same.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dualcomm

Dualcomm

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:07 PM

It might be because you're a standard user. Other then that i don't know sadly.

#3 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:42 AM

Click here and please tell us if that link's description, is the problem you're having?

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#4 ricksinmont

ricksinmont
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:00 AM

for Brainout,

It's not a 64 bit system and I haven't had a chance to try the delete but I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work.  I could try to recreate the file but I had it on my desktop before the reinstall and it worked fine.  It seems that something went wrong when I created the folder???

#5 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:48 AM

@ricksinmont: Sorry for the delay in reply, I'm not sure.  I just avoided using it on Vista after reading that and similar posts.  It might work if you have admin privileges, though.  Vista is unique in its paranoia over permissions, though you can turn them off.  So Godmode might bomb if no admin privileges.  On the other hand, can you live without it?  gpedit.msc has the same options, actually more powerful ones as well.  Run as administrator.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users