Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An OLE Registration Error Occurred - Huh?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

So Outlook was working fine and then all of a sudden I tried to move a message and I got the clanging  bell and the message "An OLE Registration Error has occurred." What's that? And how do I fix it?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

So I closed Outlook and restarted. All appears okay. Should I be concerned about the OLE Error message?

#3 CallThatGirl

CallThatGirl

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

Yes, you should be concerned... at least be prepared for the next time it doesn't go away. I would check the office version  and make sure there is no confusion of versions, sometimes people install one over another and don't remove the old version. Conflicts can happen and until that is fixed, Outlook can corrupt and maybe not open at all.

#4 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:54 AM

Thanks, but what does OLE stand for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users