Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PrimoPDF version?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:31 PM

I have been using PrimoPDF for some time (years). From the beginning, I always get the same error message:

The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is a unknown word starting at index 20.

I've uploaded a screen shot here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vq5mec71ea44s2l/AAAQ5vcxabW9dI56fcy5449ja?dl=0

The operation always seems to complete OK and the output looks OK to me.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

I found a couple of sites that suggest it has to do with the Windows date format. I tried changing the format and was able to change the error message, but not eliminate it. It seems to like the European order (dd-mm-yy).

This seems like a bug in PrimoPDF. It is not checking the Windows date setting before parsing the date. I would think there would be a Windows call that it could use to get the date in any format it needs.

My copy of PrimoPDF is years old. It doesn't report a version on the software itself, but in the Add/Remove Programs entry, it says version 5. It looks like the latest version is 5.1.0.2. Does anyone know if this fixes this problem?

I am reluctant to install the latest version on my old XP system. I rely on PrimoPDF quite a bit. I would hate to have it suddenly stop working.

Does anyone know of another comparable product. It doesn;t need to be freeware.

Thanks

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users