Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2010 Room Resources and Calendars

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 digitalmilton

digitalmilton

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

I hope someone can help me.

We aren’t aware of what the best practice is for this, but this is what we are trying to accomplish.  In Outlook 2010, we are trying to arrange to have one calendar that would list all room resources.  From this calendar, staff would create meeting requests.  In the event that certain staff are out of the office, we’d like to delegate certain people to have overall authority to change room resources and/or dates for these meetings.    We’ve tried creating meetings in room resource calendars as well as in user’s calendars.  We’ve added permissions and delegates, but the outcome is that the delegates with the overall authority don’t have the options to change rooms and have them reflected in the calendars properly.  Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:43 AM

Have you tried a spreadsheet in Excel?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 digitalmilton

digitalmilton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:05 AM

No.  I'm trying to do this in Exchange and Outlook.  How would Excel help?

#4 CallThatGirl

CallThatGirl

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

Are you using public calendars or just a mailbox dedicated for the team shared calendar?

I know the latter is easier because most people want mobility of being able to manage this type of calendar on their smartphones and ipads, etc public folders as far I have tried to figure out...cannot be added to phones or ipads, but a mailbox dedicated certainly works great and the permissions are also good because those that have the password, obviously have top ownership.

#5 digitalmilton

digitalmilton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:49 PM

We're using calendars that are actually room resources.  we are assigning permissions that we believe are correct, but are not working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users