· OS - Windows XP
· x86 - 32-bit
· What was original installed OS on system? - Windows XP
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? - Sorry i don't know.
· Age of system (hardware) - Very old, about 10 years.
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? - Yes, 9 months ago.
· CPU - AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm Technology.
· Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
· MotherBoard - ASUS A8N-E (Socket 939)
· Power Supply - If you don't mind i will post this later can't open my case right now.
· System Manufacturer - Probably ASUS has an old sticker on the front.
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - I don't know how to get this since i didn't buy this computer
· Laptop or Desktop? - Desktop.
So i was browsing today, didn't do anything special that would cause this, and out of the blue i get a blue screen. If i recall correctly i saw Realtek control panel open before it happend. After reboot it shows that i don't have my sound device installed. I tried everything, checked BIOS, installed new drivers from the official site, nothing seems to work.
Im sorry if i did something wrong here it's my first post here. Anyway i got the dump file from BlueScreenViewer.
EDIT: Fixed already! I was a stupid dork. I was installing "High Definition Audio Codecs" all the time, but i only needed the "AC'97 Audio Codecs". But i still don't know what caused the BSOD.
EDIT2: Everything works fine for a bit, then the audio starts crackling and after 10 minutes it bluescreens everytime. After reboot it doesnt have sound device again. Tried 3 times already. Is my sound card dying?
Edited by CLSW, 06 August 2015 - 01:38 PM.